A lot is going on in the world; pandemic, natural disasters, and protests. Although LCA cannot do anything about these real and profoundly serious issues, we can do our part to lessen our clients’ stress over property taxes.
- Our staff is working from home five days a week, from 9:00 – 5:00.
- We are responding to emails and phone calls as quickly as possible.
- We are happy to answer questions and explain how property tax appeals work.
- We are looking forward to returning to the office – I miss my coworkers!
As always, LCA is keeping a close eye on the property tax news front.
- We shared the change in payment dates for the 2019 property tax bills (https://www.lakecountyil.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=2310);
- Governor Pritzker’s property tax relief task force has made their initial recommendations, and though he has not yet released the final report there is partisan discord (https://herald-review.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/another-task-force-illinois-republican-lawmakers-say-action-on-property-tax-relief-is-being-stalled/article_70640225-4514-5f32-ba7a-181be953e67e.html);
- Illinois ranks second in the state with the highest property taxes (https://chicagoagentmagazine.com/2020/02/25/illinois-has-2nd-highest-property-tax-rate-in-the-nation/)
Lake County Appeal is in the business of property tax appeal so we can best serve you.